How is March Break treating you? We’re smack dab in the middle of it right now and finding constant entertainment for the kiddos has been rather exhausting to say the least. After a jam-packed day of activities today, the kids were starving for supper. I figured tonight would be a great night to try out a new recipe – Campbell’s Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake. I had all the ingredients on hand already and it seemed rather easy – and an added bonus, my kiddos love chicken. Plus the kids were home with me, which doesn’t usually happen when I am preparing supper, so I figured they could help out too! They love helping by measuring ingredients, pouring them and mixing them. They’ve become excellent little helpers. The preparation for this recipe is beyond easy and the end result is delicious. That’s my kind of recipe! This is why I have been loving these Campbell’s recipes so much – they truly are “Simple to Make, Easy to Love.” Here’s the recipe:
1 can (10 oz/284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
1 soup can 1% milk
3/4 (175 mL) cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1 1/2 tsp (7mL) chili powder
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) mixture of red and green pepper strips, chopped onion
1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn
4 (about 1 lb/500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Tex Mex cheese (or Cheddar and Monterey Jack mixture)
1. Mix soup, milk, rice and chili powder in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish. Spread evenly with vegetables.
2. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
3. Bake at 400°F (200°C) until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender – about 45 minutes. Remove cover and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly – about 3 minutes. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.
Looking for more ways to find your favourite Campbell’s recipes right at your fingertips? Campbell’s has a ‘Cook With Campbell’s Mobile App’ so you fan find all your favourite recipes that are Simple to Make, Easy to Love. You can browse a variety of recipe themes such as:
o Kid Pleasers
o International Inspirations
o Slow Cooker Favourites
o Stews and Chili
- Effortlessly create a customized shopping list
- Use the Meal Maker tool to match recipes to ingredients on hand
- Save favourite recipes in the Recipe Box
- Share favourite recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or email
- View and submit recipe comments or add a personal note
This app is available for download on the Apple App store, Google Play, and BlackBerry World.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”