This yummy shark breakfast is my latest food art creation for the Kix Cereal website. It’s easy to whip up in the morning and it’s sure to bring smiles to your kid’s faces. Check it out on their website!
This is one of those recipes that I’ve been making for so long, and I can’t believe I haven’t shared it on here yet. When I have the time, I like to make my kids homemade versions of popular store-brand treats for the added nutritional benefits. Making your own fruit leather is SOOOO easy, there’s really no excuse that I don’t have time for this. The longest part of making this is the baking time in the oven – and while it’s baking I can go do whatever I need to do. Perfect. These are great to throw in your kid’s school lunches, bring to sporting events, or just snack on at home.
4 cups of fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar – you can optionally use honey to taste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 – 12×7 baking sheets
How To Make It
1. Preheat your oven to 170F.
2. Blend ingredients together until smooth. If desired you can strain the seeds out, but my kids like it just fine with the seeds.
3. Line both of your 12×17 baking pans with parchment paper.
4. Pour the blended fruit mixture evenly between both pans. Make sure your layers are even by using a spatula.
5. Bake for 3 hours or until center is set and fruit leather is no longer sticky. You’ll want to rotate your pans 180 degrees half way through cooking time and switch racks.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Remove parchment sheets from the pans and trim off the crusty even ends with scissors till you have a nice rectangle. Slice the rectangle into 1-2 inch slices. Roll them up and wrap them with a small elastic or ribbon – I use some rainbow loom elastics because I have LOADS of them at home! Store in an air-tight container.
Our city has a fun festival every Summer that my kids look forward to every single year. This year was no exception. From pony rides, to inflatable bouncy houses, to face painting, to t-shirt decorating – and don’t forget the fair rides and games. What’s not to love?! Here’s a bunch of pictures from this year – love these kids!
This adorable octopus veggie dip is my latest cute food creation for the Kix Cereal website. This veggie dip is great for playdates and parties and is sure to bring smiles to your kids faces. Click on the link to find out how I made it!
This yummy starfish snack is sure to please your fruit-loving kid. It takes only minutes to make and is just too cute. To find out how I made this summer snack, please visit the Kix Cereal website! And while you’re there, check out all their awesome crafts, activities and snacks for kids!