May

Happy 3rd Birthday Kirsten!

Today is my sweet little girl’s 3rd birthday! I can’t believe she’s already three. It’s kind of bittersweet. I’m sad that she’s growing up so quickly, but she is growing into the sweetest, most generous and kind little girl I know. She has an amazing sense of humour and she amazes me every single day with how smart she is. She is a wonderful little girl and I am a very lucky mommy. Yesterday we celebrated her birthday with a butterfly birthday party. She had so much fun. I am so glad I took vacation this past week, or I know I wouldn’t have been able to pull this off. The butterfly cupcakes, although beautiful, were quite time consuming, as were the tissue paper pom poms. In the end, it was all worth it to see the smiles and hear the laughter from my little girl. I got a million pictures of the decor, which is great, but I didn’t get a lot of pictures of the birthday girl herself. I tried taking pictures, but she was much too excited to sit still for very many. Plus, being by myself, I had to try to take pictures and keep Camden from pulling down the decorations at the same time. This was not easy. Once the party started, I got even fewer pictures. The house was just too chaotic and chasing Camden around is a full-time job. Oh well, I know she had a great time. When James comes home we’re going to have a big party to celebrate both his and Kirsten’s birthday together as a family. I can’t wait. 45 more days!! Here’s a couple pictures of the big day.

9 thoughts on “Happy 3rd Birthday Kirsten!

1. jamesdubien

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTEN!

I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH AND CAN’T WAIT TO BE HOME.
    Jillian you did an awesome job on the birthday party. I understand how exhausting this past month has been for you. You are an exceptional wife and mother and I love you for it.
    Give the kids BIG HUGS AND KISSES for me
    LOVE YOU JILLIAN

2. jenrunde

She did do an awesome job! Can’t say it enough – spectacular cupcakes, and the cutest pompoms ever! Great Birthday Party!
    Happy Birthday, Kirsten!!! We love you very, very much!

3. krdub

Happy Birthday to a sweetheart – Kirsten! We loved seeing & talking to you today on the computer this morning. The pictures of the party look awesome Jill. Looks like you did alot of work! We really enjoyed seeing & talking to you, Kirsen & Camden today. We miss all of you so much! Take care.
    love kk & r

4. Carey

Hi Jill! I’m thinking your Kirsten is about a month older than my little girl! I’m working on planning her 4th birthday party, and I searched butterfly birthday on Pinterest and found you really quick! I’m a big fan of your blog anyway so I clicked right away. Do you happen to remember where you found those awesome butterfly cups???

Hi Carey! My daughter must be a year older than yours because my daugher is turning 5 this week! I’m busy party planning right now too. I bought these cups at the dollar store, but that was for her 3rd birthday (so 2 years ago). I’m not sure where you live, but I’m in Canada too, so they were purchased at a Canadian dollar store. I hope that helps and have fun with the party!

6. Berasmommy

I found you on Pintrest and I’m starting to plan my daughter’s 6th b-day party and she wants a butter fly themed party. Where did you get the butterfly cake toppers? I love the clothes pin idea to keep the treat bags closed!

Thank-you! I actually made the butterfly toppers out of chocolate. The idea came from the book “Hello, Cupcake.” They are actually a lot easier than they look and they were so beautiful. A little time consuming, but everyone thought they had come from a professional bakery. There’s a really great tutorial online on how to make them here: http://annies-eats.com/2009/05/26/butterfly-cupcakes/
      I hope that helps and good luck!