Happy 4th of July to my American friends. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I'm going to share the recipe I made for my Canada day dessert. A coworker of mine shared this recipe with me and I love it. It's simple and easy and I thought the red and white colours would be perfect for a Canada day dessert. The beauty of the recipe is that you can change the colour of the jello to anything that suits your needs. I used raspberry jello to make it red for Canada Day. And then I decorated it in classic Kraft Canada fashion with the strawberry flag design. Here's the recipe.
What you'll need:
1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients to make
1 small box jello (any flavour)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
1 small container cool whip (2 cups)
strawberries for decoration (optional)
1. make your white cake in a 9 x 13 pan according to box directions and cool completely.
2. dissolve 1 1/2 cups boiling water into your package of jello. Cool to room temperature.
3. punch numerous (I'm talking EVERYWHERE you can possibly punch a hole) holes in the cake with a toothpick.
4. spoon the cooled jello mixture over the surface of the cake and allow to be absorbed.
5. in a medium mixing bowl, whip together 1 small package vanilla instant pudding and 1 cup milk. Fold in 1 small container (2 cups) of cool whip.
6. frost on top of cake.
7. leave cake as is, or decorate with fresh fruit as desired.