Pin It I saw these adorable little fishies that were free for printing on Tricia-Rennea's blog and fell in love with them. She had made them to make a fishie mobile (which would also be super adorable), but I thought that I could make a fun fishing game for the kids with them. I was right, the kids LOVED this. The kids played together really well at first, until Cam had other ideas. You'll see what I'm talking about in the pictures below. He is such a boy. This was really simple to make and I know it's a game my kids will want to play with often. Here's some pictures and the directions:
The fishies in their bowl
The fishing rods
The go fish game
Playing together nicely, at first
Kirsten really got the hang of the game and was really proud of all her 'catches'
Cam is a whole other story - first he had a little taste, of course!
Then he dumped the whole game and wanted to wear the bowl as a hat
Then he decided to stand on the bowl
Then he broke Kirsten's fishing rod - you can see her broken rod in the above pics
Then he decided to eat the broken fishing rod
What am I going to do with this little guy! Oh well, they still had lots of fun. Here's how I made this fun game:
What you'll need:
Tricia-Rennea's awesome printable fishies - get them here
blue bowl - mine's from the dollar store
1. print out the fishies and cut out the shapes.
2. glue them together, placing a paper clip in between, just sticking out. Allow to dry.
3. when dry, place in a big blue bowl.
4. put a little glue on the end of a stick and wrap a piece of yarn around it, have the yarn hang a bit, and then wrap a magnet with some glue around the other end. Allow to dry.
5. let your kiddos have fun!