Sometimes I get the biggest craving for Mexican food and I just have to have it. We don’t have any good Mexican restaurants where I live, so it’s tough to fulfill this craving when I get it. I saw this recipe on Annie’s Eats and wanted to make it immediately. I think I made it the same day she posted it, and I never do that. You’ll have to go to her awesome blog and check out the method she used to make these bowls. It’s pure genius! Now I didn’t make mine quite as authentic as she makes hers (I used packaged taco seasoning, gasp!), but they were still delicious and a nice alternative to regular tacos. I’ll definitely be making these again. Here’s my version of the recipe:
1 pkg small/medium flour tortillas – about 6-7″ diameter
1 pkg taco seasoning
shredded cheese – I bought the pre-shredded mexican variety
1. cook ground beef and taco seasoning according to package directions.
2. heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds to gently warm them.
3. brush a little oil on your tortilla and place in the grooves of an overturned muffin tin (check out Annie’s blog for pictures!). Repeat for all tortillas.
4. bake at 425F for 8-10 minutes.
5. remove from oven and fill with meat and desired toppings.