I'm sure you've all seen mummy dogs before. I had never made them for my kiddos, but knew they would absolutely love them for Halloween. These are really fun and they made a great lunch. I served some fruit on the side to make this lunch a wee bit healthier. Here's the recipe:
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent rolls
10 large hot dogs
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
3. With knife, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
4. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face." On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs; spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
6. With mustard, draw features on "face.".
7. Serve with a dish of blood, aka ketchup.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury
Linked up to ABC and 123 Pin It