You all know how I love handprint crafts. Well, I also love owls. Kirsten's bedroom is all done in the pottery barn kids Brooke line, which is all adorable owls and trees. I've been wanting to do a handprint owl craft for a long time, but couldn't find any adorable ones. When I saw these awesome handprint animal crafts on I am Momma Hear me Roar I wanted to make the owl right away. Mine isn't quite as detailed as hers, but they are so adorable, I just love them. I have them on display right now, and I'll likely frame Kirsten's and hang it up in her room. It will match perfectly. She has printable templates for all the animals. Visit her post to get them. Here's the super simple instructions:
What you'll need:
template from I am Mama Hear me Roar
paper punches - I used a 2 inch circle punch and a hole punch
1. print out the owl template.
2. trace the owl template onto your coloured cardstock and cut out the pieces - use any colours you want and go as fancy or as plain as you like!
3. using your 2 inch paper punch, cut out 2 circle eyes and using a hole punch, cut out 2 black holes for the eyes.
4. glue all your pieces on a large piece of cardstock to make your owl.
5. paint your child's palms and have them stamp them on the paper as the owl's wings.
Linking up to Tot Tuesdays
Linking up to ABC and 123