I actually made these for a co-workers birthday awhile back, but I'm posting them now because chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect Valentine's treat. Most people make theirs with dark or semi-sweet chocolate, but I use milk chocolate (mainly because it's my favourite). Delicious! Here's how I make them:
strawberries, with stem on
milk chocolate melting wafers
white chocolate melting wafers
1. wash your strawberries and thoroughly dry them - you don't want any moisture on them!
2. melt your milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, taking out to stir every 30 seconds
3. line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dip your strawberry in the melted milk chocolate and place on wax paper to dry. Repeat this process until all your strawberries have been dipped. Allow chocolate to harden.
4. melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, taking out to stir every 30 seconds
5. put your melted white chocolate in a squeeze bottle, or put in a ziploc bag and snip off the end. Carefully drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries. Allow to dry. Serve immediately.