Today is my 1 year blogoversary! It’s hard to believe that I’ve been sharing my crafts, recipes and pictures for 1 year. The time has flown by. I have been so blessed this year to have met so many fabulous people through blogging. I’ve learned so many things from them and have developed friendships with quite a few. I never would have thought that doing this blog would have been so rewarding. I thank each one of you who has left a comment on my blog. I love every one of them. Sometimes I don’t have the time to respond to each one, but please know that I am truly touched by them. Thank-you so much for following and watching my family grow this year!
To celebrate my blogoversary, I made Oreo cupcakes. These little cupcakes are delicious! Kirsten helped me bake them and she had so much fun. She’s getting quite good in the kitchen. She likes pouring mixes, stirring, and breaking the eggs. It’s just too cute. After we sampled a couple at home, I sent the rest with James to work. Here’s the recipe:
What you’ll need (makes 24 cupcakes):
24 Oreo cookies
1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients to make
1 small tub cool whip
1 small box vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
1 cup milk
1. line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. twist your Oreo cookies in half and place the half with cookie and icing, icing side up in your cupcake liner – save the other cookie half. Repeat this until all cupcake liners have been filled (24).
3. preheat oven to 350F, or whatever your cake mix calls for.
4. make white cake mix according to package directions.
5. take your 24 Oreo cookie halves and put them in a ziploc bag. Crush them up leaving some larger pieces and some smaller pieces.
6. mix these crushed cookies into your cake mix.
7. pour this mix into your cupcake liners, filling about 2/3rds full.
8. bake in oven according to box directions – mine was about 20 minutes.
9. while cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting – in a medium sized bowl mix your package of vanilla pudding with 1 cup milk. When the pudding and milk is mixed, stir in 1 small tub of cool whip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
10. when cupcakes are done, allow to cool completely before frosting. Frost cupcakes however you like – I used a star piping tip.
Love the cookie half at the bottom!