This is a yummy winter comfort meal. It’s relatively easy to make and not only do the kids love it, but James and I love it too. Here’s the recipe:
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1-2 cups vegetables – chopped carrots, corn, peas
1 package clubhouse shepherd’s pie seasoning mix
mashed potatoes (several large potatoes, milk and butter)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender.
2) While the potatoes are cooking, brown your ground beef. Drain fat.
3) Add your veggies (onion, corn, peas, carrots, whatever) to your beef and cook until tender.
4) Add seasoning mix and water and bring to a boil. Cook according to package directions.
5) When potatoes are tender, drain water and mash them with milk and butter.
6) pour your meat mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
7) bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.