Feb

winter fun

Yesterday was family day in Canada, which meant a day off work to spend time with the kiddos. James and I were actually both off together (which never happens!) so we wanted to bring the kids toboganning. I’ll be completely honest with you, I’m not really the winter type. I know, I know, I live in Canada so I must be used to it. This winter has been incredibly cold too. Most mornings when I go to work it’s at least -20 celcius (which is about -4 fahrenheit for you Americans). COLD. Too cold for the kids to play much outside. Yesterday was beautiful. By the afternoon it was about -8 C (17 F). It made for perfect tobogganing weather. Sorry for the picture overload, but it was my first time taking pics of the kids outside this winter and I went a little overboard! I’m a little sad that I’m not in any of the pictures, but I guess somebody has to take them. Maybe next time.

winterfun6
winterfun17
winterfun18
winterfun5
winterfun7

25 thoughts on “winter fun

1. shaunee

I can totally relate. I am in Alberta and we haven’t had a warm non-snowy day in so long. I am really starting to get a bit of cabin fever. It is not that cold mercury wise really -10 but with wind chill it is -19… stupid wind!! This has been one of the coldest winters I can remember!!

2. Cecilia

How can you go out of home when it’s -20??? Unbelievable!! (I live in Italy) :)
    Beautiful pictures! your kids will thank you when they are older for such nice photos of them!
    Cecilia

3. Andrea

Great pictures! so jealous that you got a family day. Here in Nova Scotia we don’t get one. something about it cost the province too much blah, blah, blah……. glad you enjoyed you day together:)
    P.s what kind of camera do you have. your pics are always so crisp

4. Sara

You should totally do some photography how-to’s. Your pics are always so bright and crisp! And seriously -20 degrees…I’d NEVER leave the house!

5. Bonnie

Not to mention it’s also the national day known as ‘the first day of roll-up-the-rim’ at Tim’s! Haha! Nice coffee. :)
    Great pictures, looks like fun. I love the winter, but going up and down the toboggan hill carrying a kid and a sled, ugh! :)

These are great pictures, love their happy faces. Your daughter’s snow pants are so cute, love all that white snow in the background, would be great to scrap and write on that white space. I stand at the bottom of the hill and take the kids/hubby pictures and mine never come out this good. We have cold weather here in Ohio too, for the first time I actually want spring to come,lol.

Wow, thank-you so much ladies!

Andrea – I shoot with a Nikon D90 and love it!

Blogger – I seem to get that comment about my pictures being sharp a lot. I have no idea what I do. I shoot with a Nikon D90 and I love it. I have 3 great lenses that I love too. Good lenses can make a huge difference. I also process most of my pictures in photoshop and slightly sharpen them for web. Pictures posted on the internet always need a little sharpening that print pictures don’t need. I don’t really know how qualified I am to give any tips though. I’m really just a hobbyist who is learning as I go. Thank you so much though!