Mar

footprints for Dr. Seuss’ The Foot Book

March is reading month and Polly at Helping Little Hands is hosting a fabulous read-a-long at her blog. I’m participating in this read-a-long and it certainly wasn’t hard to pick one of our favourite books. Both my kids have adored Dr. Seuss’ The Foot Book since they were babies. It was one of the first books I ever read to them and it continues to be one of their favourites. Our copy of the book has been so well loved, I couldn’t even take a picture of it. It’s barely staying together at the seams! The kids and I made an adorable footprint craft with a great quote from the book. We all know how I love my handprint/footprint crafts.

footbook5
Oh how I love me some sweet little feet:

footbook4
Use those sweet little feet to make this adorable craft and keepsake:

footbook1
Here’s how to make this really easy craft:

paint
paintbrush
canvas
sharpie

1. I have 2 kids, so I did 1 foot from each child in different colours. Paint the left foot and stamp on the canvas. Then paint the right foot and stamp on the canvas. Allow to dry.
2. I used the sharpie to write one of our favourite quotes from the book:

” Left foot. Right foot.
Feet. Feet. Feet.
Oh, how many feet you meet!”

And for good measure, a couple more shots of those sweet little feet. I can’t get enough! Of course, the kids attached to those feet are pretty cute too.

footbook2
footbook3
Thanks Polly for hosting this read-a-long! Be sure to check out what Polly has in store for the rest of the month at Helping Little Hands.

obSEUSSedLinkCollection

Linking up to For the Kids Fridays

24 thoughts on “footprints for Dr. Seuss’ The Foot Book

1. Ash

Love that book. At our walmart here they started selling Dr. Seuss books and my daughter has probably started a new collection. She owns about 4 of ‘em now. I should do that read-a-long with you guys to get my daughters collection completed as well. Hit one bird w/two stones!

Have a wonderful week.

I love all the cool things you did to celebrate this day. They all look like fun. I wish my kids were this little again. The foot book was our favorite and I still love to pop in Horton hears a Who sometimes. My son’s name is Sam so we always teased him and read that book to him a lot when he was little. Thanks for sharing your cute ideas and your cute little family with us.

3. Kathy Haynie

I am a huge fan of little feet. Darling photos, and a sweet idea. I am a grandma, and I can assure you that grandmas would love that as a card for Mother’s Day.

4. sweet & lovely crafts

I don’t ever remember reading Seuss books as a kid. In fact I never even watched The Grinch That Stole Christmas until my second year of uni. Claire’s really starting to get into Dr. Seuss now though, so we need to pick up some of these books. What a great craft to do though. I need to do some updated footprint stamping!

5. sweet & lovely crafts

6. Victoria ObSEUSSed

Those are such Sweet Little Feet! What a great craft and keepsake. Thanks for adding it to the Dr. Seuss Link collection at obSEUSSed. Glad to find your fun blog. I’m now following it.

7. Susan

Fun! I am wanting to do this activity with my kids for Dr. Suess’s Birthday tomorrow–what kind of paint did you use? Is acrylic ok to use on their little feet?

Susan – I really don’t like using acrylic on their feet. I’m not really sure whether it’s dangerous or not though. If you do use it, make sure it’s only for a few seconds and then wash it off really good. Good luck!

Hi Cathy!

I almost always use crayola washable kids paints. Sometimes I mix the colors together to make different shades too! I hope that helps.