Mar

rainbow shaving cream bath paint

I decided to include this fun activity with our St. Patrick’s day stuff because we made the paints in rainbow colours. This activity is beyond easy and fun. I made one for each of the kids so they wouldn’t have to share and there would be no fighting over who got what colour and so on. That was brilliant. It was beautiful, quiet play time. The kids really adored this and played in the tub until the water was cold. I had to fully drain the tub and re-fill it with warm water so I could still give them a bath and get them clean after all this fun. I think they would have played for hours. If you have some foaming shaving cream and food colouring, you can make your very own rainbow bath paint. Just for the record, I have white bathroom tiles and it washed right off beautifully. Here’s how to make it:

foaming shaving cream – I got the stuff for sensitive skin
food colouring
container – I used a silicone muffin pan and it was beyond perfect
paint brushes

How to make it:

1. squirt some foaming shaving cream in each of the 6 compartments of your muffin tin
2. add food colouring to each one to make whatever colours you want – I did rainbow colours. Mix them up well.
3. give to your kiddo in the tub and let them have a blast!

bath3
bath4
bath8
bath6
Kirsten’s rainbow:

bath7
Linking up to ABC and 123
Linking up to Tot Tuesdays
Linking up to Kids Get Crafty
Linking up to For the Kids Friday

61 thoughts on “rainbow shaving cream bath paint

1. Cecily Healy

great idea! i also am wondering about food coloring staining the grout? my kids use those tablets that color the water so i’m sure they’d love this.. your lighting is always so perfect!

Thank-you so much ladies!

This did not stain my grout. I only used a SMALL amount of food colouring though. Always test a small amount on your tile grout before letting the kids at it. I would feel just terrible if it stained anyone’s grout. Remember, just use a drop or two of food colouring.

3. Alanna's Mama

I did this for my girls last night and they loved it. My 2-yr old used the bulk of it to paint the 1-yr old, but they loved it. Thanks so much for a fantastic idea!

4. jhon

Men’s Grooming

This blog is highly informatics, crisp and clear. Here everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. This is one of the best blogs I have read.

Thank-you so much for notifying me of this Alaina! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I contacted the blog author and hopefully my material will be removed shortly.

6. Carmen

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful and easy fun idea. I have been having hard time to ask my kids taking showing. I will definitely try this. Thanks again!

Carmen

Hi Monica! I really don’t know how long it will last because every time I make it for my kids, they use it right away. If you do make it ahead of time I probably wouldn’t make it much more than the day before and store it in an airtight container.

8. Ellie

Hi, just come from The Chocolate Muffin Tree who have just done your idea – such a fab idea. Can’t wait to try it, thanks for sharing. Ellie

9. K. Innes

I found this via pinterest and it is wonderful. My son LOVED it! With your permission I would like to use it on my blog as part of my Pin It Friday Inspiration posts. I will give you credit and link to your site. I hope you say yes! — Kate (https://familyinnes.blogspot.com) Thank you again for such a great idea!

Hi! There are lots of ways to follow my blog – you’ll find them all in the right-hand sidebar —-> You can follow my blog in google reader, sign up for email feeds, follow in feedburner, or follow on facebook. I hope that helps!

10. Holly Dart

YES this can stain your grout. I used gel food coloring (the kind in the little tubs) and my grout, which is epoxy based and supposed to be unstainable, is magenta! I thought it would be ok, because it is epoxy and because it is a darker gray instead of the usual white or cream. Test, test away, people! ANd do not use gel food coloring!

So sorry Holly! I wonder if it was because you used the gel food coloring?? I used the liquid drops, have white grout and white tiles and have never had a problem – I make this all the time for the kids.