Camden got a new big boy bedroom last weekend. If I ever get around to taking pictures of it, I'll share it. It turned out so cute. I had made Kirsten an adorable tea party table made out of an old IKEA lack side table for her bedroom and wanted to make Cam a special table of his own for his bedroom. Some of my two year olds favourite things are legos, cars, and Cars the movie. Camden is in love with the 1st Cars movie and I wanted to incorporate radiator springs and the highway into his table. I had another extra IKEA lack side table and made my sweet little guy a Cars lego table. It was a huge success and a huge hit with him. He plays with it every.single.day. It was so easy to make that I didn't take pictures of the process. But I did take lots of pictures of the finished product. It really was so simple. If you know a little guy (or girl) that adores legos and cars, they'll surely love this super fun table. I added an IKEA green Mammut chair to the table and it looks great in his room. Here are the steps if you want to make one too:
What you'll need:
IKEA lack side table
1 15x15 lego duplo base plate
rubber cement or other strong glue
white sticker paper
paper cutter or scissors
lego duplo blocks - I bought 2 sets from the 1st Cars movie and used blocks we had
IKEA mammut chair - optional
1. clean the top of your IKEA lack side table
2. put rubber cement or other strong glue on the bottom of your lego base plate and glue this to the centre of your table. Allow to dry.
3. using your white sticker paper and your paper cutter, cut street lines and corners out - you'll need 4 corners and 16 lines
4. place these stickers all around the perimeter of your table evenly, 4 corners and 4 stickers on each side
5. add your lego duplo blocks and have fun!
Have fun! Here's some links on Amazon to some of the stuff I used if you're interested. I only bought 2 of the lego duplo cars blocks from the 1st movie. He loves them so much I'll probably get him more now.