Sep

fall button branch

buttonbranch2
I’m a little obsessed with buttons. I’m always trying to think of new crafts to make that use buttons too. They’re just too cute. The kids and I made this craft together and I just love it. We picked out a nice branch from the backyard and then we picked out all our lovely fall-coloured buttons. The buttons are supposed to look like all the beautiful fall leaves we have on our trees. It turned out amazing. Here are the instructions:

canvas
branch
buttons
glue

1. glue your branch onto your canvas. I put a very heavy book on top of the branch while it dried to keep it flat to the canvas.

2. Once the branch is glued and dried, start gluing your beautiful buttons on the smaller branches to look like leaves on a tree. Allow to dry.

3. You’re going to want to display this beautiful masterpiece!

buttonbranch1

32 thoughts on “fall button branch

I love love buttons and fall crafts!! This will be great since we don’t have leaves yet. She did a beautiful job!!

Just so I know what kind of glue did you use? I would think bottle glue would have just been messy and still wouldn’t stick good. I do have a few buttons so maybe I will make one first and the kids can later, lol

2. My Kids Make

love that you used a real branch. the colors of all the buttons are fantastic. i would def. put this in a frame in my house! i am going to dig through my button collection and see if we can try this tomorrow!

3. MaryAnn

This reminds me that kids can make all kinds of branches, from buttons to cotton balls to paper scraps, etc. Great idea, and boy, these buttons are the cutest. Buttons are always cute! Try it in January and make pussy willow buttons!!!!
    from MaryAnn Kohl, art for kids book author

Dawn – I actually did use the regular white bottle glue. Since it was my kids gluing the buttons on I thought that would be best. It worked just fine!

Lila – I have no idea why that is happening and no idea how to fix it! I haven’t heard of that problem from anyone else, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Have you still not received the posts?

5. Unknown

I totally did this the day after you posted it. I hot glued the stick on. I may go back through and hot glue the buttons off. My 2-year-old loved this craft

6. Lauren

AH! SO CUTE! Have to use this with my preschool class… by the way, I love the font of the title of this blog… do you by chance know which one it is?

Thanks Lauren! I’m sorry, but I have no idea what the font is called. I used it when I changed my blog format a couple years ago and it’s deeply embedded in my blog html (i.e. Chinese to me) language. I do know I got it off google webfonts though. Maybe you can recognize it from there?? Sorry!