Sep

I have a kid in school!!!

Here in Canada, our kids start school a whole year earlier than they do in the U.S.. That means that my newly turned four year old is in Junior Kindergarten and going to school all day, Monday to Friday. She was so excited and did amazing! I thought I would cry, but she was so excited, I couldn’t help but be excited too. She rode the school bus like a pro and was so excited to see two of her dancing friends in her class at school. I’m so happy for her. My little Cam will be starting JK next Fall. That will be interesting. Since he’s a late December baby, he won’t even be 4 when he starts school. We’ll see how he does….

Here’s a few pics from her big morning (and yes, I totally tortured my child by making her hold the pinterest-inspired chalkboard speech bubble):

school1
school4
school2
school3
school5
school6
school7
I’ll share how I made the chalkboard speech bubble later this week if anyone is interested! They’re really fun.

27 thoughts on “I have a kid in school!!!

1. Elle Belles Bows

Beautiful pics! Looks like she was excited!

My little one started Preschool today. I tried to torture her with the chalkboard too, but we ended up leaning it next to her!

Have a great school year!

Kerri

2. Lauren

She is so cute!! Glad to hear she liked school. Brady starts in less than 2 weeks and I am a nervous wreck. I too am going to torture him with my speech bubble sign, hope he does as well.

3. jodilee0123

Wow! I do not think I could have handled my oldest baby who just started 1/2 day kindergarten today, going off to school all day every day at age 4! Wowsers! Your photos are absolutely ADORABLE! Your daughter is too cute! We were able to wear shorts and t-shirt–only because he started in the afternoon (we are in Minnesota). I bet you guys are crispy cool already there. Have a wonderful week of school!

4. sweet & lovely crafts

Those pics are great. I was thinking of you yesterday, as I am not looking forward to sending Claire to school! We don’t have JK here in NS, so she won’t start school until she’s 5.
    Hope that she has a great year!

5. sweet & lovely crafts

Hope that she has a great year!

She looks so excited and grown up!! I love the sign too. I”m sure it was a good day. Didn’t realize it was everyday, that is a lot. Do you have preschool in Canada? Our kids go a couple times a week for 3 hours to preschool then at 5 they go to half day Kindergarten which means they ride the bus then too. Full day school isn’t till first grade. Good job getting a picture of her with you and her dad. Thanks for sharing with us, I was thinking of you thruout my day. hugs

Thanks everyone! I agree, four is really young to be going to school full-days everyday. That is what they do where I live. There really is no preschool. You either go to daycare, or start JK. After JK, comes SK (senior kindergarten) and then first grade. She is doing awesome!

8. Kerry Jane

These pics are great! Can I ask what camera you used? Did you edit them after? I’ve found your blog through pinterest and I love your ideas! Maybe when my little guy turns two I can start thinking about fun food Fridays. Thanks for sharing!

9. Tanya

Aww, great photos of a special day. My oldest had his first day today, too, and the youngest had his first morning of preschool. There were some tears — all mine! Boys were fine. (=

Thank-you so much ladies!

Kerry Jane – I shoot with a Nikon D90. I do edit them before posting. Usually just a quick exposure boost and sometimes some sharpening for web if needed. I hope that helps!