Dec

Happy 3rd Birthday Camden!!!

Happy Birthday little man. Today is Camden’s 3rd birthday and I can’t believe it. He’s grown so much over the last year, it’s amazing. Camden is such a sweet little boy. He’s a little shy, stubborn, and knows exactly what he wants, but he’s also the cuddliest guy I know. He’ll never pass up an opportunity to get and give cuddles and share his love. He’s really smart. The boy plays games on the iPad better than me, lol. It truly is amazing to watch. He loves playing with his big sister, loves EVERYTHING cars, and loves reading his bedtime stories. Happy birthday little man. We love you so much and you’ve brought so much joy to our lives. We had an awesome monster party for Cam on the weekend and it was so much fun. Here’s some of the pictures of my little guy’s big day:

cam3bday-blog
Here’s his birthday invitation with my personal info erased out for the web. I made the card myself in photoshop and bought the clip art from Etsy here. Too cute!

cambday2011-3
Here’s a few pics of his party. We had monster grins. I purchased them on Etsy here , printed them, cut them out and taped a straw to the back. You’ll see below that all the party guests had fun with them! For the favors for the little ones we had adopt a monster with ugly dolls and I made some monster play doh. We had monster OJ bottles, and monster cupcakes.

cambday2011-2
cambday2011-4
cambday2011-9
The kids had some picture fun before the party with some monster candy teeth. I had them leftover from the cupcakes. They’re so funny.

cambday2011-5
Here’s the cupcakes. Not the most professional looking, but fun nonetheless. Most of the inspiration for these cupcakes were found in my Martha Stewart Cupcake book found here – Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone’s Favorite Treat LOVE this book. So many fabulous ideas.

adoptamonster
cambday2011-6
I found an awesome idea for the adopt a monster here . The kiddos absolutely adored it and it was a great alternative to candy filled loot bags. This time of year it seems the kids get enough candy! Now I can’t knit, so I bought each of them an ugly doll and we drew names out of a hat so the “adoption” was fair.

cambday2011-7
cambday2011-8
To go along with their adopt a monsters, I also made the kiddos a can of monster play doh. I just took a can of regular play doh, wrapped cardstock around it and used cardstock to make the faces. It was pretty easy and a hit with the kiddos.

cambday2011-1 copy
I had each of our party guests take a picture for this monster grin collage. I put up a piece of aqua coloured photography backdrop paper and each of our guests took a picture with a monster grin of their choice. This is a great party keepsake!

cambday2011-10
And here’s the little man himself! He had so much fun at his monster party. Happy birthday little guy!!!

26 thoughts on “Happy 3rd Birthday Camden!!!

OH MY GOSH, THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK AT THIS PARTY THEMES AND PLANNNING. I’M THINKING YOU NEVER SLEEP OR YOU HAVE A SECRET FAIRY HELPING YOU.

SO CUTE ALL THESE IDEAS ARE AND LOVE LOVE THE PHOTOS OF EVERYONE THOUGH, HOW FUNNY THEY ARE.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR LITTLE MAN, HE IS SO CUTE!!

HAVE A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR FAMILY!!

hugs and blessings
    Dawn

Thank-you so much everyone! I too love how bright and colourful it was. If you haven’t realized by now, I love colour, lol!

Aimee – I most certainly did not make the monsters. I don’t sew, knit, crochet – nothing. These are little ugly dolls and I bought them on Amazon. The cost a little more than I would usually spend on loot bags for the kids, but all the kids at the party were family so I figured I would spoil my little nieces with them. They loved it..

3. Aimee

They are adorable! I never heard of little ugly dolls. Yeah, I’m with you on that, I don’t sew or any of that either. You did such an amazing job with this party.

4. Angela

ADORABLE! OMGoodness! LOVE it! We have triplets and that would be such a fun party! What I love most is the pics of your guests with silly smiles or is it the adopt a monster! Adoption is our thing! Love it!

5. Jori Hodgson

Fantastic! I’m planning a birthday next month and this is what I want for my guy! Great work. Can I ask where you got the photo backdrop in that fabulous blue color? Or, do you know where I can go to get some inexpensive stuff? I wonder if a party store might have something…?

It’s savage seamless photography paper. It comes in large rolls. You can buy it at Amazon online or photography stores. I bought the 53″ wide rolls. The problem is I don’t quite remember what shade of blue it is – maybe baby blue?? It’s really more aqua when you photograph it though. It’s really nice. I hope that helps!

6. AP Mommy

I was just about to sit down at 1:30 in the morning to start creating a sign that said “Adopt a Monster” when doing an image search your jpeg came up. I love your party!! We’re having a Monster Party tomorrow for my son… my list is still a mile long (including printing out those very same monster mouths that I got off Etsy yesterday!!) I hope you don’t mind, but I will be using your ‘Adopt a Monster’ sign and going to sleep so that I can get up and decorate a cake – eeek! So thank you!!!! I will be certain to link back and give your blog a nod for the adorable sign. Love, One Over-Tired-Over-Extended-But-Very-Excited Mommy

Hope you had a great party! The monster party is one of my favorites I’ve done. I don’t mind at all that you used the adopt a monster sign. That’s why it’s there!

7. Mary

LOVE your invites! I’m currently planning a monster party for my son. Any chance you’d be willing to sell me your invite template? I don’t have Photoshop :(

Thanks Mary! Unfortunately I don’t have this invite saved on my computer anymore – that bday party was nearly 2 years ago now. My computer crashed last year and I lost everything. I don’t even have that clip art anymore. Try searching on Etsy.com for monster party invitations. They have some really cute ones for sale there. I hope that helps and so sorry!