When I saw these on Silly Eagle Books last Winter, I immediately bookmarked it because I knew my kiddos would have a blast making these. This craft was so much fun and the kids are still having fun weeks later checking every day to see if there are any birds at their feeders. We saved our play doh lids for a few months (yes, we go through this much play doh) and made these awesome bird feeders. They look awesome hanging outside from our trees. Thanks Vanessa for another awesome craft idea. Check Vanessa's play doh bird feeders out here . Here's how we made them:
What you'll need:
play doh lids
yarn or string
1. lay out all your play doh lids
2. using your scissors, cut pieces of yarn or string that you will use to hang your feeders
3. using your glue gun, glue the yarn or string to the back of the play doh lid (the indented part will be the part you want available for the peanut butter and bird seed). Allow to dry.
4. fill the indented part of the play doh lid with peanut butter and then press it into some birdseed. If you're my kids, you may taste some of the bird feeders. I *think* he only ate the peanut butter, lol. Repeat for however many feeders you're making.
5. get your feeders all together and bring them outside and hang on your trees.