With all the fun the kids and I have had making Valentine's for their friends, I wanted to make them something special for Valentine's day. I had some brown paper plates left over from Camden's 2nd birthday party and then this idea popped into my head. These paper plates made the cutest bear plates ever. Attach a special Valentine's message to them - "we love you beary much!" and your kiddos will get a huge kick out of it. You can serve your kiddo anything on their special Valentine's plate. Maybe even serve all their meals that day on it. I can't wait to give them to the kids on Valentine's Day with a special heart-shaped cookie Valentine treat on them. Want to make your kiddo their very own special Valentine's plate?
Here's how I made them:
What you'll need:
2 brown paper plates
red or pink cardstock
1 inch paper punch
2 inch paper punch
small heart paper punch
3 inch scallop paper punch
black, red/pink sharpie
a Valentine's treat - I used heart shaped sugar cookies with sprinkles
1. place some glue on the upper rim of 1 paper plate and press the bottom back rim of the other paper plate on top
2. using your scissors, cut 2 arms and 2 legs out of your brown cardstock. Glue these to the back of the paper plates.
3. using your 2 inch paper punch, punch 2 circles out of your brown cardstock and glue them on your bear for ears.
4. also using your 2 inch paper punch, punch 1 circle out of your beige cardstock and glue on the bear's face.
5. using your 1 inch paper punch and your red or pink paper, punch out 2 rosy cheeks and glue on your bear's face.
6. using your heart paper punch and red or pink paper, punch out 1 heart and glue on for your bear's nose
7. use your black sharpie and draw on a mouth
8. glue on two googly eyes
9. using your beige cardstock and scalloped punch, punch 1 piece out. Write a special Valentine's message on it - We love you beary much! and glue to your bear's hand.
10. serve your kiddo a special Valentine's day treat on their special bear plate.