2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp light corn syrup
1 tbsp cornstarch
We made 6 colors – so you will need 6x the above ingredients
* This recipe made a large batch and I was able to make a set for both Kirsten and Camden to have their own *
1. in each bowl add the above ingredients – 2 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1/4 tsp light corn syrup, 1 tbsp cornstarch. Mix until everything is well dissolved. If the mixture is too thick, add a little bit more vinegar. You basically want it to be like an oobleck or gak consistency (can be formed but then melts away if you let it go).
2. add your food coloring to each bowl and mix well – we did a rainbow of colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
3. pour your paint mixture into individual containers, leave the lids off and allow to dry completely – at least overnight.
4. give the paints to your kiddos (I made a set for each kid) with a paint brush, watercolor paper and a cup of water and let them paint away!