I have bad news about my computer. Nothing could be recovered. My hard drive malfunctioned and everything was wiped clean. I’m definitely learning my lesson the hard way. I’ve spent the last few days trying to get some posts back together. I was very thankful that I have the last month’s worth of pictures on my camera memory card. That helped a lot. But I lost so many pictures, photoshop actions and brushes, purchased clip art, storyboard and blog frames, blog posts, etc. I always knew I should back up my stuff more often, but life always got in the way. Now that I’ve lost so much, I realize that I should never be too busy to do a backup. Ughhh. I hate learning lessons the hard way. Anyway, enough about my whining, and onto the craft. Here’s a great craft for earth day that uses recycled materials around the house.. We used empty yogurt drink containers and turned them into pretty ladies. Kirsten really enjoyed this craft and has enjoyed watching her grass grow. We bought some awesome soil/seed mix by Scott’s and the grass grew in no time. That stuff was amazing. Here are the instructions to make your own:
What you’ll need:
empty yogurt drink containers
1. remove labels and wash and dry your yogurt containers
2. decorate your little ladies however you want. We used fabric scraps, googly eyes and glitter glue. I hot glued the fabric and googly eyes on for quicker drying.
3. put some soil/grass seeds in your empty container and water it.
4. place your container in a sunny place and water as needed.
5. your little grass lady will have hair to style in no time!