6 wilton squeeze bottles
6 bowls and spoons
canvas (without staples in it) or heavy cardstock
For each colour (so if you’re making 6 colours, you’ll need to multiply these ingredients by 6):
1/4 self-rising flour – the self-rising part is important!
1/4 cup salt
4 tbsp water
gel icing colour
1. In a bowl mix 1/4 cup self-rising flour, 1/4 cup salt, 4 tbsp water and a bit of wilton gel icing colour (just 1 colour at a time!).
2. Mix the above all together until smooth and runny.
3. Pour your mixture into a wilton squeeze bottle.
4. Repeat the above process for each colour you make – we made a beautiful rainbow of colours.
5. Give the paints to your kiddos and let them go wild.
6. When they are finished their masterpieces, pop them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or until the artwork starts to rise off the paper.
7. Admire your artwork and check out how cool the 3-dimensional-ness is!
And here’s a little picture overload of some of my kiddo’s masterpieces: