My kids LOVE playing with play-doh. Sometimes I make my own, and sometimes I buy the good ol' play-doh brand. There's just something about that smell when you open a fresh can. Brings back memories of childhood. I had some cans of white play-doh that the kids were never using. I guess white play-doh wasn't very excited to them, lol. I decided to add some fine glitter to it, decorate the can to look like a snowman, and we could use it to make snowmen. Well, let me tell you, they absolutely LOVED it. We picked out some cute buttons, some snowman cookie cutters and decorated these cute little guys. This was a really fun INDOOR Winter activity - my favourite kind of Winter activity.
Here's how we made this:
What you'll need:
cardstock - white, orange, black
paper hole punch
snowman cookie cutters
1. cut a piece of white cardstock the same length as your can of play-doh and wrap it around the can. Glue down the ends.
2. using your scissors and orange cardstock, cut out an orange carrot nose and glue this on your play-doh can.
3. glue on 2 googly eyes and a pom pom hat
4. using your black cardstock and your hole punch, cut out some black dots for the mouth and glue them on your snowman. Allow time for all the glue to dry.
5. take your white play-doh out of the can and add some super fine blue glitter. Knead the play-doh until all the glitter is evenly distributed throughout the play-doh. It's hard to see in the pictures, but it gives the play-doh such a nice, pretty sheen.
6. give the play-doh to your kiddos and let them have fun rolling, cutting and decorating their snowmen!