Happy Wednesday everyone! The week is now more than half-way over and I couldn’t be happier about that! Why are the weekends so short?! My hubby works shift work so it’s often just the kids and I for supper. This casserole is one of the meals I make when James is at work. It’s not one of his favourites, but the kids and I like it. I grew up eating this casserole so it’s kind of comfort food for me. It’s really easy to prepare and stick in the oven and I can get lots of stuff done while its baking. Here’s the recipe:
1 can white tuna, drained
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk
1 cup of green peas – fresh or frozen
4 cups penna pasta, cooked
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Grab a large mixing bowl and throw in your tuna. Flake it with a fork.
3. Add the can of soup and 1/2 can of milk to your bowl.
4. Add the cooked pasta, peas and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Pour ingredients into a 9×13 casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese and then sprinkle on your panko bread crumbs
7. Bake for 45 minutes.