I am thrilled to tell you guys that I have been selected as an ambassador for the Cook With Campbell’s campaign through Mom Central Canada. Why am I so excited you ask? Because between working full-time outside the home, driving the kids around to their extracurriculars, and keeping up with my other commitments, I am ALWAYS looking for easy and delicious meals to serve my family. I’ve always been a fan of many of the recipes from the Cook With Campbell’s website and now I have the opportunity to try some new amazing recipes and share some of those recipes with you over the next few months. It’s easy to see why their motto is “Simple to Make, Easy to Love.”
My first recipe is this incredibly delicious Cheesy Beef Lasagna. I’m not lying when I tell you that I’ve had 3 pieces of it since dinner last night. It’s that good. My kids practically licked their plates clean and Kirsten has told me that this lasagna has now beaten out her all time favourite meatloaf for top spot in her list of favourite foods. I’m also not going to lie when I tell you that the meat sauce is full of fresh and delicious mushrooms. Those same fresh and delicious mushrooms that my kids would normally refuse to eat. But they happily gobbled up every single bit being none the wiser to what they just ate. I love it! You’re definitely going to want to try this recipe out. It has now made it’s way into my regular meal rotation and I know my family will be requesting it often.
2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
2 cups (500 mL) onion, chopped
2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 lbs (1.3 kg) lean ground beef
2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
3 cans (852 mL) Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Basil Oregano Soup
3 cups (750 mL) Campbell’s® Ready to Use No Salt Added Beef Broth
4 cups (1 L) light ricotta cheese
3 cups (750 mL) mozzarella, shredded
1 cup (250 mL) Parmesan, grated
12 oven ready lasagna noodles (uncooked)
1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables caramelize.
2. Add the garlic and ground beef and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until the beef is well browned. Add the chili powder and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the soup and cook for 5 minutes. Add broth and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, eggs and black pepper. Mix Well.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 2 cups of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top, overlapping noodles slightly to cover the bottom.
6. Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles. Layer with 2 ½ cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
7. Spread the remaining cheese mixture on top of the second layer of noodles, layer with 2 ½ cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
8. Spread the remaining meat sauce on lasagna noodles, top with parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375°F.
10. Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Here it is before going into the oven….
And here it is coming out….
Loaded with ooey gooey cheesy goodness. YUMMY!
Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.