Looking for a cool and refreshing summer snack to help beat the heat? This ladybug is not only cute, but healthy too! Find out how I made it by visiting CBC Parents.
One thing that my kiddos love to do is explore this beautiful world around us. We love to go on nature hikes and collect treasures from our trek. Our treasures can then be used to make all kinds of fun things – including these nature bugs! Visit CBC Parents to find out how we made this cute little creatures!
If breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, why not have a little fun with it?! I’m teaming up with Driscoll’s to help make breakfast fun. This adorable owl yogurt bowl is a delicious and nutritious breakfast for kids and features Driscoll’s finest strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for a colorful and fresh twist. This adorable owl yogurt bowl can be made in minutes and will be a healthy and fun start to your kid’s day.
What You’ll Need
3 Driscoll’s strawberries
6 Driscoll’s raspberries
2 Driscoll’s blueberries
2 banana slices
1 bowl of yogurt
How To Make It
1. Fill a bowl with yogurt – flavor of your choice. My kids love vanilla Greek yogurt.
2. Slice 1 of your Driscoll’s strawberries in half and place both halves at the top of your yogurt bowl to make the owl’s ears.
3. Place 2 banana slices right underneath the strawberry ears. Place 2 Driscoll’s blueberries on top of the banana slices to make eyes.
4. Take your second Driscoll’s strawberry and slice it in half. Cut just the bottom triangle off one of the halves and place this small triangle underneath the eyes to make a beak.
5. Grab your 6 Driscoll’s raspberries and layer them in rows (3, 2, 1) underneath the strawberry beak.
6. Finally, slice your last Driscoll’s strawberry in half and place these halves on the side of the yogurt bowl for wings.
Looking for more ideas to get more playful with your breakfast? Visit Driscoll’s #pictureperfectplate recipe page for a whole week’s worth of fun and delicious breakfast ideas featuring Driscoll’s finest strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
From June 4, 2015 – September 4, 2015 Driscoll’s is hosting a #pictureperfectplate sweepstakes where you can submit a picture of your berry food art, post it to their website or tag it on social media with the hashtag #pictureperfectplate for your chance to win some fabulous prizes including a Nikon DSLR camera and Driscoll’s berries for a year! Time to get those creative juices flowing and enjoy some delicious Driscoll’s berries while you’re at it!!
Disclosure: I teamed up with Driscoll’s berries to create a fun breakfast featuring their berries. The opinions on this blog are my own.
This beautiful summer butterfly creative food plate is my latest fun food creation for Monoprix. Go check it out and all the other amazing food creations they have!
Whew, it’s hot out! Summer has definitely arrived. Why not cool down with one of these frozen banana treats?! They are fun and easy to make and everyone loves them. You can pick your favourite toppings too! Find out how I made them over at CBC Parents. Enjoy!